We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
* phone us at: 0845 302 1234;
* e-mail us at email@example.com or
* write to us at our freepost address (no stamp required): Marks & Spencer, Chester Business Park, Wrexham Road, Chester CH4 9GA
When contacting us, please remember to quote your name and contact details along with any Marks & Spencer account number or correspondence reference you may have.
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
The personal data we collect about you
When you create a profile on www.marksandspencer.com/health, we may collect the following personal data about you:
* your name, age and sex;
* your delivery postal addresses, phone, fax, mobile and e-mail details;
* where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
* details about your food and drink (including alcohol) consumption, eating habits, fitness levels, exercise regimes, height, weight or other body measurements, diet and health goals and other associated health information; and
* your marketing and communication preferences
We may also collect some or all of the above personal data about you when you access and browse this Website or any third party site (as described below), including when you sign up to receive Marks & Spencer newsletters. We may also collect some or all of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
How we may store and use your information
Marks & Spencer (and third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data:
* to make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
* to maintain any registered account that you hold with us; and
* if you have given permission, to contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you and for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
In the event that a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets), we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition. We may also disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
2. Click on the "privacy" tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu "tools" then Ã¢â‚¬Å“OptionsÃ¢â‚¬Â
2. Click on the icon "privacy"
3. Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu "Files" > "Preferences"
We use Internet standard encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encode personal data that you send to us when placing an order through the Website. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal data to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
* Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
* When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this by going to 'My Account' and clicking 'Change name, email or password',
* Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from marksandspencer.com asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
* the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
* the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
* the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details specified above. However, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we have sent to you or, alternatively, by visiting our e-mail newsletter preference centre.
© 2017 Marks and Spencer plc