- 2 tsp light olive oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ x 400g can butterbeans (or chickpeas) rinsed and drained
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 200g shredded kale
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to lightly season
- Heat the oil in a large shallow frying pan or wok. Add the spring onions and spices and cook over a moderate heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the canned tomatoes, butter beans and courgette. Leave to simmer for 3-4 minutes then gradually add the kale, wilting in a handful of leaf at a time. Stir well, adding a little extra water if the mixture gets a little dry.
- Now carefully break each egg evenly over the top of the mixture. Season with a little salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Cover with a plate or board and gently cook for 4-5 minutes or until the eggs are just lightly set. Alternatively pop under a medium /hot grill.
- Serve immediately. Nice to have crusty bread for dunking and mopping...
Low in saturated fats. Reducing consumption of saturated fats helps to maintain healthy cholesterol levels.