- 4 Chicken legs
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tin Canned Mixed beans- drained & rinsed
- 1 tin Kidney beans
- 1 tin Tinned tomatoes
- 1 ea Onion- medium dice
- 2 ea Garlic â€“ crushed
- Thyme â€“ roughly chopped
- Parsley -roughly chopped
- Colour the chicken legs in a heavy based pan on both sides, transfer these to an oven proof dish, season and then transfer these to the oven at 175oC or Gas mark 4- these will take around 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- In the same pan, add 2 tbsp Olive oil and sauté the Onion until soft, once softened, add the Garlic and continue to stir so this does not burn
- Now add the chopped Thyme and stir this for a further 20 seconds, add the tomatoes and let this come up to the boil
- Once the Sauce had come up to the boil, add the tins of drained beans and stir.
- Once the chicken is cooked, drain these on some kitchen towel
- Zest the lemon over the chicken legs and use the juice to make a simple dressing with your remaining oil.
- Serve the Chicken on top of the Cassoulet and some dressed Rocket on the side.