- 2 Apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Lemon zest and juice
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch Ground cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- 6 x 120g Chicken breast fillet
- 150ml Chicken Stock
- Toss apple slices with lemon juice and cinnamon in a bowl. Heat a pan with apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Keep warm.
- Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet to Â½ inch thickness. Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat. Add half the chicken and cook until no longer pink in the centre, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and keep warm, heat over high heat. Cook the remaining chicken in the same manner.
- Add stock and lemon zest and any accumulated juices from the chicken to the pan. Cook, stirring to scrape up any browned bits, until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Spoon sauce over the chicken and serve with the sautÃ©ed apples.
Serving suggestion with green beans