- 1tbsp light olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Cook With House Blend Mexican Spices
- 450g extra lean minced beef (or minced turkey)
- 2 tsp dried herbs e.g. oregano and/or mint
- 1 x 400g can mixed beans or cannellini or red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley or coriander
Salt, to taste
1 lemon or lime, quartered, for squeezing
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, then add Â½ the chopped onion and spice blend. Cook gently for 1 minute or so.
- Tip the meat into a bowl together with the dried herbs, cooked onion and spices, mix and lightly shape into 8 roundish patties. Cover and chill until you need them.
- For the salad, simply toss the rest of the onion, beans, tomatoes, pepper and herbs together, cover and chill until required.
- Cook the patties on a foil lined tray under a pre-heated grill for 4-5 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 3-4 minutes until nicely caramelised on the outside. Serve with pitta bread and a big scoop of bean salad, drizzled with lime.
Why not try...
scooped into split warmed pitta breads or wraps topped with pineapple and sour cream......lots of freshly chopped coriander.