- 800g Frozen Petit pois
- 2 Onion
- 1 litre Vegetable stock
- 2 Gem lettuce
- Â½ pack Fresh Mint
- 1 bulb Fennel
- 1 tblsp Olive oil
- Break the fennel down into single layers. Add this to a roasting tray and drizzle with the olive oil, top this with foil and cook for around 30 minutes at 140oC or gas mark 4. This can be done the day before.
- In a large based pan, fry the onion in some of the fennel oil until translucent
- Now add the hot stock and allow this to come to the boil, when boiled add the peas and the lettuce and allow this to re boil. As soon as this boils, remove from the stove.
- Allow this to cool for a few minutes before blending, add the mint leaves
- Once it is all blended, season this to taste.
- To serve, dice some of the drained confit fennel and add this to each bowl, top this with the soup. You could even add a small spoon of crÃ¨me fraiche to the top. This soup is delicious both hot or cold and the leftover fennel will keep for a week or so in the fridge with the remaining oil â€“ this would also be a great addition to any salad. You can also use the oil to make dressings.