- 4 Lochmuir Salmon Fillets
- 30ml Olive oil
- Â½ Pack Thyme
- 1 Pack Cooked beetroots
- 160gm Pearl barley
- 1 litre Vegetable Stock
- 1 bulb Fennel
- 1 Apple
- 1 Lemon
- Pre heat the oven to Gas Mark 5 or 180°C
- Place the pearl barley in a medium size pan with stock to simmer
- Place the beetroot in a food processor and blend until smooth, then set this aside.
- Place the salmon in an oven proof dish, drizzle with the olive oil, season well and sprinkle some of the fresh thyme on top. Cook these for around 6-8 minutes. In the pre heated oven.
- Slice the fennel and the apple really thin, a Mandolin is a great tool if you have one. Place these in a mixing bowl, squeeze over Â½ lemon and drizzle with a little Olive oil
- When the Pearl barley is soft, stir in the beetroot puree, if this consistency is a little wet, cook this for a couple of more minutes, if it is too thick, add a couple of spoons of hot water.
- To serve, spoon the risotto onto plates and place the Salmon in the centre, place a mound of the shaved salad on top and dress the risotto with a little drizzle of olive oil.