- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 300gm Paella Rice
- 1 ea Onion
- 1 ea Red pepper - medium dice
- 4 ea Chicken legs â€“ cut into thighs and Drumsticks
- 150g Seafood mix - defrosted
- 1 ltr Chicken stock cube or vegetable
- 80g Frozen Petit pois
- 2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 3 tsp Paprika or sweet Paprika
- Pinch Saffron
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large heavy based pan, add the diced onion and cook gently until softened
- Once softened, add the rice and keep stirring until this is warmed through.
- Now transfer this to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the last 1 tbsp of oil to the pan and return to the heat. Add the chicken legs and colour these well, add half of the turmeric and paprika to coat the legs. Once coloured, transfer to an oven proof dish and cook these for around 40 minutes at 180Â°C or gas mark
- Now add the pan back to the stove and add the red pepper, colour this for a few minutes and add the rice back to the pan, add in the remaining Paprika & Turmeric and Saffron to the pan and stir this through.
- Add the chicken stock gradually, this will be absorbed very quickly to start with & then slow down. Continue to stir the rice & add the stock slowly until this is finished.
- When the rice is cooked to your liking, add the peas and the Defrosted Seafood mix and stir through, this will only take a few minutes to warm through.
- Once the seafood is hot, season to taste and serve with the crispy chicken on top.
- Serve with a wedge of Lemon