- 250g M&S bulgur wheat, lentil and barley pouch
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp clear honey or agave syrup
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 175g boneless smoked mackerel fillets, skinned
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 ripe pears
- 100g watercress
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to lightly season
- Heat the pouch of grains according to the pack instructions. Tip into a large bowl, mix in half the lemon zest and juice.
- Whisk the remaining lemon zest and juice with the mustard, honey and olive oil to make a dressing. Season with pepper and a little salt, to taste.
- Now flake the mackerel into the grains and fold through together with the red onion. Peel, core and thickly slice the pear fold in with the dressing.
- Serve the mackerel and pear salad on a bed of watercress.
High in omega 3. Long chain omega 3 fats help to maintain a healthy heart.