- 450g pork escalopes, each cut into 4 strips, lengthways
- 16 ready-to-eat dried apricots
- 3 medium courgettes, thickly sliced
- 2 small red onions, quartered
- 2 tbsp â€˜no-peelâ€™ or medium cut orange marmalade (or lemon and lime marmalade)
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp coarse grain mustard
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Â½ tsp dried oregano or Herbs de Provence
- Divide and thread the pork strips onto 4 skewers, alternating with the apricots, courgette and leaves of red onion. Arrange on a foil-lined grill pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt the marmalade with the orange juice over a low heat. Remove from the heat, whisk in the mustard, ginger and herbs to make a delicious sticky glaze.
- Preheat the grill to Medium. Generously brush the kebabs with the glaze, place under the grill and cook for 6-7 minutes. Turn the kebabs over, brush with more marinade then grill for a further 6-7 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables are nicely tinged brown, just tender.
- Serve the kebabs onto warmed plates, drizzling on any remaining glaze. Enjoy!
Healthy hint: If using shoulder steaks make sure you trim off all the fat before grilling. You can substitute the pork for skinless chicken breast or thigh fillets.
Low in saturated fats. Reducing consumption of saturated fats helps to maintain healthy cholesterol levels.